Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Not this time

I entered a quilt in to the Living Colour exhibition curated by Brenda Gael Smith, unfortunately it didn't get selected.  

While I'm a little disappointed to miss out - I have created a quilt that I like.  There are other exhibitions that it can be entered into - so no pics at the moment. 

After being a judges scribe last year I'm even more philosophical about whether a quilt is selected or not.  Seeing quilts that had won at other exhibitions then not be selected by the judges was an excellent learning opportunity - one that I'll hopefully remember.


1 comment:

Charlotte Scott said...

I bet Brenda could have put together several exhibitions together from the quilts she received. I'd love to be a scribe one day, I bet you learnt heaps.