Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Printing again

I'm working on a challenge for my guild and wanted an orange peel/frangipani image.   

I drew the pattern on paper then transferred it to an Ezycarve block.  These blocks are great value - both sides can be used and they are easy to cut. 


double print

printed both sides
The ezycarve block did start out blue, just a bit stained with the paint (or maybe not enough washing!).  I used Setacolor fabric paint with a drop of Golden Retarder with each print run, this certainly helped the paint from drying too quickly and also slightly changed the consistency of the paint.  I have discovered (!) that using a cheap sponge roller rather than a brayer helps this type of paint spread evenly. 

I haven't been able to find these ezycarve blocks here in NZ, this one was purchased in Australia.

No comments: