Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fabric Swap

Earlier in the year I joined Leslie Keating's handprinted fabric swap.  

I said my preferred colours were: brights - blue, red, orange.

My partners had a range - from any colours, to orange - and paired with pink,  to sorbet colors like mints,pinks,mauves, and green or brown or yellow or orange.

What I received ...



 






what I sent ...












Closeups ...

Handpainted background. The swirls were cut out of freezer paper and then brushed with paintsticks across the edges.







Also handpainted, with quite dark pink/purple and some orange. Then quite thick white paint through a stencil.  Then more white through another stencil. 








Handpainted, left to dry all scrunched up. 

Freezer paper stencil with paintstiks.






No comments: